The Pitt News
I worked at The Pitt News, the student newspaper of the University of Pittsburgh, as a copy editor from January 2010 until April 2012. During my last semester, I also became a columnist in the Opinions section of the paper. These are my how-to columns that give lifestyle advice.
- 10 January 2012: How to be more organized
- 18 January 2012: How (not) to display PDA
- 27 January 2012: How to make party snacks
- 6 February 2012: How to survive political conversations
- 14 February 2012: How to be single on Valentine's Day
- 23 February 2012: How to excel at bar conversations
- 22 March 2012: How to maintain a long-distance friendship
- 5 April 2012: How to plan a fun summer
- 20 April 2012: How to avoid a hangover
- 23 April 2012: How to survive finals week
- 31 May 2012: How to get textbooks without selling a kidney and your soul
From January 2012 until April 2012, I worked as an intern at the Northside Chronicle, a monthly community newspaper that services the Northside neighborhood of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. In addition to writing articles for the paper, I acted as copy editor and wrote for the website's blog.
- Sarah Heinz House receives grant from JCPenney
- City of Asylum hopes to build literary venue in the Central Northside